Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spencer Ford


I am having the time of my life. This is truly a unique experience and I am glad I have had the opportunity to be apart of YMAD this year. On Nov. 22, 09 we had to say good bye to our kids in the day boarding school and it was one of the most emotional days of my life. The kids here are amazing! They have to do so much and have nothing like what we have in America but are still happy and are so bright. The first day we attended the boarding school the girls were really shy and didn’t understand much of what we were saying, but by the end they could not only understand full sentences but speak full sentences. When I had to say good bye to the girls I have been teaching I started to cry and so were the girls. Priya, one of the kids I have been teaching said, “don’t leave, don’t leave, I love you, I need you, take me home with you” all in English, I was so proud of her but so sad at the same time, I held all my kids for as long as I could but soon enough I had to leave. I love these girls so much and am so thankful for the opportunity to come to this wonderful country. I hope I will have the privilege to come back someday and see these amazing girls. For all who have contributed to YMAD and these kids I personally thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spencer, it was so good to hear from you! You look so happy! I am so proud of you! It sounds like you have become so attached to the kids. I don't blame you they all sound so amazing! I bet they like your beautiful blue eyes! What an adventure. It seems like you have truly embraced the people and the culture. I love you and miss you and I am so so proud of you! What a great picture! I wish you could bring them all home with you.

I love you
mom

Anonymous said...

Spence

Dude, mucho jealous of you man. flip why didnt i sign up for this, i could be kickin it with you and the rest of the guys halfway across the world right now, im pissed haha. It sounds amazing. cant wait to hear about it, and dude, we freakin need you back for indoor soccer man! we are strugglin haha. but live up India while you can. and dont do anything i wouldnt do ha, jk. See you next week man

Richie

Anonymous said...

Hi spencer,

It looks like you are having fun!!!
What is your favorite food and how long are you staying?
We hope you are having a good time helping others write some more on your blog and we will see you in the summer (possibly)
Love,
The Pizza Family in NH.