Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hailee Radman

For me today was one of the best days yet. We had the opportunity to travel to the day boarding school and have a cultural exchange with both the girls and grannies. Before performing we spent our last couple hours with the girls we have been working with all week. It has been so rewarding to work with the girls and be able to improve their English tremendously. After our dance party with the girls it was time to say goodbye, and it was one of the hardest things I have had to do. I didn’t realize coming here just how attached I would become to these girls, and also how attached they would become to me. It was so hard to hear them begging for me to stay, and I as bad as I wanted to we had to leave. I hope that in the time I have spent here I have been able to make a difference for the girls, and that in some way I was able to make their lives a little better. I am missing them like crazy already, and I know that I will never forget them. I will never forget hearing them speak their newly learned English to me, and knowing that I helped to teach them that. I love them and will miss them.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful. The impact you have had on those girls is going to be generational. As will the impact they have had on you. Finish strong there my beautiful girl.