Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Courtnie Larkin



This trip has been the most amazing thing of my life. I am having a wonderful time with everyone. It is amazing how poor the people are and how happy they can be. We wave at them while we drive by and they all wave or smile back. It makes me feel so happy that they can open up to us and welcome us into this beautiful culture. The scariest thing that has happened to me is being on a riksha! They are crazy drivers but they are so skilled. They fly past each other at high speeds with maybe a foot of space between them. But that is just a small part of this experience compared to the big picture. We went to our village and it is amazing. The girls are so loving and excited. When we leave after teaching them every day, they grab out heads and kiss our cheeks. It is so heart felt and I know we are meant to be here. Every day I get an over whelming feeling that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that this will change my life and change these girls’ lives.

I hope every one is having a wonderful time at home. And is keeping safe. I love you all and hope you have fun looking at the pictures of us in this magnificent place. We are all safe and having the time of our lives. I miss you all but I know I will see you soon because time is already going by too fast. I LOVE YOU!! And talk to you soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS COURTNIE BECAUSE THAT'S THE EXPERIENCES SOME PEOPLE SEARCH THEIR ENTIRE LIVES FOR CONSCIOUSLY AND UNCONSCIOUSLY. THEY HELP EITHER MAKE US OR BREAK US. WELL THAT MAKES ME SMILE WHEN YOU TELL ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY AND EXPERIENCES WITH THE KIDS BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW HOW AMAZING AND WONDERFUL IT HAS BEEN WITH YOU APART OF MY LIFE I CAN ONLY JUST IMAGINE HOW THE KIDS IDOLIZE AND LOOK UP TO YOU LIKE AN ANGEL THAT FELL OUT OF THE SKY S IF THEIR PRAYERS WERE BEING ANSWERED.....WELL CONTINUE WITH MAKING INDIA A BETTER PLACE AND DON'T FORGET TO GRING ME A GIFT BACK LOL JUST KIDDING. HAVE FUN KEEP SMILING AND OH BY THE WAY THE GUY NEFI ALARCON I KNOW SO DO TELL HIM HELLO FOR ME LOL. MUAH I LOVE YOU BABE....WE ALL MISS YOU HEAPS BUT KEEP MAKING US PROUD AND KEEP DOING YOUR THING OK? :) TTYL .........SINCERELY SIONE SITAKE

Kylie Larkin said...

I love you Court ! Again, I am so happy to see you are doing this ! I can't wait until you come home and share the wonderful experience with us. I'm glad you are safe and that you are learning and seeing so much. Love you !

Nick said...

Awww I am so glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time down there. It is so fun to read your blogs when you are able to post them and to hear about the eperience that you are having on this amazing trip that you have taken. I can't wait to talk with you when you are back and hear the stories that you are going to have for us. I love you and miss you and can't wait o see you.
Love Nick

gail worthen said...

Oh Courtnie! I am so happy and excited for you--my heart is racing as I read your email. I want to hear everything you do and see and experience with the people. I hope you have time to keep really careful records of everything. Stay safe and well. I think of you every day! Love Gail

Mom said...

You owe Greg Davis a big bear hug for whatever he said at the last minute that got you to submit your application! hehehe
Love ya, Mom

The Allen Family said...

I love reading all about your trip Courty! You are such a cutie! I am loving all the pictures so that we can see a glimps of what it's like there! You are doing an AMAZING tasks there & I know the kids adore you & will rememeber this always!!! I miss you soooo much....I cry reading this everytime just thinking about how great it must be helping them over there! Cannot wait to see you soooon! Hugs & Kisses from me, rory & the kids <3

Lexi Kontgis said...

courtnie! I am so glad you are writing about your time over there so I can spy on you and see how you and katy are doing! looks and sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time and are being safe. I am so excited for the both of you to be out there and enjoying this amazing experience! Math has not been the same without you :(

keep being safe and can't wait for you guys to come home!

p.s. tell katy to write something on this blog. jeeeeeez.

love, lexi kontgis