Friday, November 13, 2009

David Hales

JoDee is such an inspiration to my life. A trip couldn’t start off any better than seeing JoDee’s smiling face sitting in front of me. Oh what a joy this is to be in the presence of a legend among such misfits as us. Oh how great it is to finally be on the plane, all the hard work and preparation over the past year is about to pay off. I still can’t fully comprehend that we are actually going today. When I woke up this morning to head to the airport it finally hit me that today is the day we are heading to India and I can’t wait! I can’t wait to see the impact we have on the kids in the schools and the impact we have on the village itself. The thing I want to show most is how women should be treated and I am happy we are working with Nishtha to help the women of India, as well as the children. Hopefully we can impact their lives for years to come! I am so grateful for this opportunity and can’t think of a better way to be spending my birthday than heading to India to make a difference.

No comments: