Friday, November 13, 2009

Brooke Larsen

So far we’ve been flying in the air for about an hour and I have failed to sleep but I hope that once I take some ambien on the plane to Singapore I’ll be out! I still can’t believe I’m going to India. It just seems like yesterday when the past YMAD group passed off their hats, and it’s even weirder to think about passing mine off in a couple of months. I’m getting excited but it’s still so surreal so I’m trying to hold back any expectations. I always forget something on trips and sure enough when I got to the airport I realized I forgot to put our YMAD name tags on my medical supplies bag and my backpack. I guess that’s not that big of a deal though considering I was just able to put on the tags the airport has.
I’m so lucky to be going on this trip, and I know for my parents and Jake if you’re reading this it was hard for you to say goodbye. It was hard for me too, but I’m the lucky one that gets to go to India! Thank you so much for supporting me this past year and allowing me to embark on an adventure that will alter my life. I wanted to give you guys thank you cards before I left but I didn’t make time during all the last minute preparation. I wouldn’t have been able to go on this trip without you guys! Jake you helped me so much--attending all the YMAD events, helping me make and sell tie dye, and making hemp for me to sell, and Danielle thank you so much for doing that too if you’re reading this! Oh and if any East kids read this in Mrs. Olson’s class or on their own, thanks to those that bought tie dye from me and were so supportive and interested! My experience is just starting and I can’t wait to get there and right about all I see and do! I love you guys and am excited for when I come home and can share all my experiences with you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brooker's
We miss you terribly, which is a little pathetic considering your only gone a couple of weeks! I think we are all holding our breath a little waiting to see how this journey changes you, maybe even shapes you.
Well, you have barely been gone 24hrs and your already making a difference. You leaving has made us question the direction of our own lives and how we can change to make a positive difference also.

We love you very much and are so proud of you.

Dad and Sam.

Anonymous said...

Brookie,
You should be India by now - I hope it is amazing. I miss you so much! I loved reading your blog and I can't wait for the next one. I'm so excited for you to finally be there. I'm sure it will be everything you thought it would be and more. I am so proud of you and love you very much. Please take care of yourself.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
What an amazing young woman you are.
It is so fun to see you sharing your abilities and talents with people you probably never thought you would meet. You have always had a tender heart and love for those around you.
Did you like Singapore? Isn't it a beautiful place. I am looking forward to seeing the growth and understanding you will bring home with you.
Stay well....you are beloved by so many.
Sue G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke,
I am so proud of you! Don't know what else to say other than it is such a privilege to know you. It's amazing to think of how many people's lives you will be touching and affecting and how many will impact yours because you decided to do this. Remember my Gandhi quote?...well, you are the change. Can't wait to hear all about it...You go, girl!
Mrs. Olson

Anonymous said...

Hi sissy,
It seems so weird that you are in India right now. I miss you so much, but I am really proud of you and you are the coolest sister ever.
Nicole