Sunday, November 22, 2009

Courtnie Larkin



Today has been such an eventful day and a draining one also. We had to say goodbye today to the girls at the day boarding school. I didn’t think I would get that emotional but I was a wreck. The thing that touch my heart was seeing the girls that I had spent the last week teaching and playing with, cry while we were singing to them. Also after we all sung and got to get into the crowd with them the girls came up to me and grabbed me by the waist and arms and cried. One girl named Abuna reached over the other girls and whipped my tear from my cheek. It was such a special moment and one that will stay with me forever. All the girls are so strong and smart. I am so happy that I have gotten to see them and have fun with them.

Today they decided that they would teach me some Bangali, before we left. They would point at a picture of my mom and say ma, then point at my dad and say baba. It was so cute. Tome comon acho? That’s means how are you. It was so funny. They loved it teaching me. I feel like I got to be so close to them today.

This trip has been the most amazing thing that has happened to me. I know that I was able to change these girls’ lives and they have changed mine in the process. Thank you to all that have written on my other blogs. I love you all and miss you but I will see you faster than you know. I am so excited to share my stories with you and I love you again!!

Love, Courtnie Larkin

8 comments:

~Mom said...

Puddle of tears AGAIN! I bet this was a sad, sad day. These pictures say so much. Sooo sweet!Love you tons and see you soon!

Dad said...

Hey, hey, hey Court, do you think of me when you are bawling? It looks like you are having some very powerful experiences over there. I looked up the area you are in on Google maps, it's very green. Take a ton of pictures so you can share your experiences with us when you get home. We went and saw New Moon last night...team Jacob rocks...NOT! JK. Be safe and have a great week. Love you with all my <3!

The Allen Family said...

That is soooo cute Courty! How sweet of the girls! I love it! Yes, Nick, Ky & I saw New Moon too, so we will all have to go pretty soon after you get back, we missed you! Rory wants to see it still. Love you with all our hearts!!!

Anonymous said...

HEY BABE IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU SMILING AND IT'S EVEN MORE WONDERFUL TO HEAR LITTLE BITS AND PIECES OF YOUR WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES THAT YOU'RE HAVING OVER THERE IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD AS I KNOW THAT IT DOES YOU ALSO :). GIRL I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW FANTABULOUS THIS HAS BEEN FOR YOU. SHARING YOUR LOVE, LIFE, AND EXPERIENCES I BET YOUR AMAZED WITH ALL THAT YOU'VE LEARNED FROM THE GIRLS ALSO. WELL I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN COUTRNIE AS ALWAYS I LOVE AND MISS YOU OH SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU KNOW.....KEEP IT UP AND CONTINUE TO ENJOY YOUR SELF MUAH TTYS ....SIONE SITAKE :) DON'T FORGET TO SMILE HONEY...OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVEN'T .....SMOOCHES MUAH

Kylie said...

Oh Court ! That made tears come to my eyes. Again, I'm so glad you did this. We are going to miss you here for Thanksgiving, but you are doing something amazing that you will never forget so I'm happy for you. I love you and miss you. I saw New Moon and I thought of you a lot through out the movie and Hashmine too ! haha Jacob talks so funny. I also drove to Ogden on Sunday and I was right by Weber state and I thought of you. There are plenty of other times I have thought of you and I miss you. I can't wait until you're back. I love you !

Anonymous said...

Canavash Canashva! you have no idea how much a miss you cho! I started crying when I read your last blog. I am so happy that you are doing this and I can't wait for you to come home and tell me every little detail and I know you will! haha. I work on Saturday during the day and I'm trying to get it off so I can come pick you up at the airport with your family, but if I can't I'm going to speed over to your house! I can't wait to see you and I'm so proud that you have put all of this time, money, and effort in to this. You must have wanted this more than I thought. haha. well I really wish I was there with you but I'm glad you are having an amazing experience over there. Take in every minute of it! You really deserve it Court! I love you so much and I will see you soon! have a good last week in India! your BCFFL, Hashmine Hashhaliba!

Nick said...

Wow Court I can only imagine the experience that you have had so far and how hard it was to say good bye to those girls. That sounds like it will be something that will forever be with you. I can't wait to see you when you get back. I was was driving to work today and it really hit me how much I miss you I really haven't thought about it much cause I didn't want to deal with the emotion of the whole thing cause after all it is only two and a half weeks that you would be gone, but this morning was different I really let myself be with you having been gone and that I have missed you very much. We will have to go to the movies or something when you get back and have our brother sister date :) can't wait to see you and hope that you are still having an amazing time. Love your Bro

bubba said...

Hi Courtnie and happy thanks giving from Bubba siones niece