Monday, November 16, 2009

Eden Rabdau


This trip has been full of emotions unexplainable. When we first got here we were all exhausted but so excited. Today we had our first day in the villages and boarding school. In my village there are over 600 people many of them children. We have 20 kids who are not currently enrolled in school mostly because they cannot afford it. It only costs 5 U.S. dollars to enroll them in the school. But there are a few kids who are not allowed into the school because their father forces them to do child labor to pay the bills. Everyone that we see on the streets just stare and wave at us. And the girls in the schools come and hug us or hold our hands. Their laughs and smiles are flawless. They are all beautiful. One of the girls who had been following me around the whole day came up to me and kissed my checks and said, “I love you”. I have so much to learn from them and I can’t teach them enough. I already have so much love for these people and I know I will love them more and more when I get to know them.

This is a picture of Child labor...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's Hailey

still can't believe you're doing this... so proud. I look at those pictures and can't believe you're there, i miss you. we all cry. well, ma and I do, Dad just laughs.

again, i'm so proud.

love,
h.

Anonymous said...

i only cry when you can't see me. way to go eden... we are proud of you. enjoy every moment.

dad.

Anonymous said...

This is an experience of a life time--savor it & don't forget a thing so you can tell us all about it! Proud of you...
Love, Gma Rab

Anonymous said...

SOMETIMES IT TAKES A LOT OF HANDS TO FEED A FAMILY. EDUCATION AND OPPORTUNITY ARE THE WAY UP. LEARN TO FISH, DIG A WELL, A LONG JOURNEY STARTS WITH SMALL STEPS. WE LOVE YOU DEAR GD

GP JLR

Anonymous said...

Hey E! it is morgan and chiara! we couldnt help but blog stalk you and it looks like youre doing amazing! You will for sure have to fill us in when you are home and have a second to breathe! From the pictures, looks as if the kids are amazing and im sure youre making such a huge difference in their lives. youre an ACE for sure! :)
-morgan and chiara.

Andrea Southwick said...

Hi Eden, How is the food? The weather looks great, sunshiney, beautiful kids you are standing with. Enjoy every minute. Love Annie

miss talking to you. call me the second you get home, we have lots of stories to catch up on, and i'm assuming you'll have loads. love you! chels

Anonymous said...

Eden,
I am so excited for you to be in India. Take in everything, learn as much as you can. It is an amaizing experience to submerge yourself into another culture. I know those children love you! Enjoy your time.

coach

Anonymous said...

Eden!!!!
it's gui. your favorite freshie!!!
i hope your having soo mcuh fun.
your such a great person for going to india and helping out. i bet thise kids love you.
i know i do.
love,
gui