Sunday, November 22, 2009

Eden Rabdau


Today was full of emotions unbelievable. I’m not sure if what I say will serve today any justice. It was our last day in the Day Boarding School. We showed up early to spend time with the girls. We played games, took pictures, sang and danced, and just laughed together. We had a cultural exchange, all the girls performed for us then we performed for them. As we sang our last song, “I’m yours” by Jason Marz mixed with “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley, there was not one dry eye of the youth from YMAD. We tried to hold it together but it was impossible. I looked up into the eyes of one of my favorite girls, Priya and watched her eyes swell with tears. It might have been the best feelings I’ve ever felt but also the worst feeling I’ve ever felt because I knew that this was the last day I was able to spend with the girls. It was absolutely heart breaking. But knowing that I had this affect on the girls was an accomplishing feeling. After we finished our song we stood up and the girls rushed to us. Leaning down into the tear stained faces of almost 20 girls with all their arms around me, listening to their sobs was the most touching experience I could have ever asked for. I would have never guessed that I could love those girls as much as I do in such a short amount of time. Leaving the girls was quiet the ordeal, everyone was crying. I pulled Priya aside and kneeled down to her and looked her in the eyes, all she said was “I love you Eden. I’ll miss you” She wrapped her arms around my neck and started crying. I wish I was able to express my emotions better, but it’s not possible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is such a beautiful experience... You have made their lives so much better and yours as well. Beautiful :)

Cache

Anonymous said...

By the time I finished reading your post I was crying. Your words were perfectly written.
Mom

James said...

Keep up the good work Eden. We miss you, but more than wishing you were home, I think we all wish we were there.

Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Eden
if i wouldnt have read your facebook status, i wouldnt have found this blog ha. its been fun reading what all of you guys have experienced. i bet you guys have had the time of your lives. it sounds so fun. i wish i was there. well see you and the rest of my homies next week. have fun on the the plane ride back haha

Richie

PS-did you find out who your date is for the dance ha??

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME MISS EDEN. A GREAT FIRST STEP!

LOVE FROM THE RABs