Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spencer Ford


I am flabbergasted with this whole experience. I have seen so many things that I thought I would never get the chance to. I have found out what these women local to here have to go through. They are so poor and have so little but try there hardest to keep their whole family happy and able to do what they want.

My village is so wonderful and I love my kids, I already want to take them all home with me. Today we taught them a few workshops but the one that I thought was the best was painting. We partnered up the kids to share paint and let them paint whatever they want. Most of the kids didn’t know what to draw so we had to show them an example. I started to paint the school with trees around it to show them an idea and before I knew it they all started to paint the exact same thing as me, I tried to tell them they didn’t have to do that but they didn’t understand. It was so funny. When school was over they all got up and shook our hands saying thank you, some even pulled my head down to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Over all these first couple days have been some of the greatest most interesting days of my life and I am so excited to see what the rest of the trip has in store for me. All the best from India.

9 comments:

allison ford said...

Spencer, I am so proud of you!! You look so happy! What a wonderful experience! Keep blogging and sending pictures, you have no idea how much it means to hear from you and see you looking so happy! Keep up the good work! We all miss you!! It is very quiet around here without you!

Mom

allison ford said...

I like that all the kids started painting what you did! That is hilarious .

Anonymous said...

Love the photograph...and you! It looks and sounds like you as well as the little kids are having a great experience. Do they like your blond hair? Keep smiling! Gram

Anonymous said...

Dear Spence,
Wow truly amazing journey. Please get and read City of Joy. Grampy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you are doing this. The colors in the photographs are spectacular. They must be breathtaking in person. It also looks like there is enough happiness to go around for all!!!

Anonymous said...

Spencer, Unbelievable adventure...lots and lots of smiles and love going around. Gram

Anonymous said...

Spencer,
What an awesome experience! I bet it is so much fun to hang around with those kids and it sounds like you are learning so much! It is super cool to get to look at this blog to find out what you get to do everyday! Is that a drink you are holding in your hand? It looks like something you would love. I talked to the zipster the other day, and she said that she even misses you. I don't know what she is going to do when you are moved out too and she only has mom and dad to torture. She is crazy, but what would we do without her? I love looking at all these pictures and seeing what you all have been up to. what is your favorite part? I can't wait to hear all of your stories when you get home!!!! I bet the kids in India love you, you are always super nice when it comes to kids and I know you have a lot to offer when it comes to teaching. To give you an update as far as Salt Lake goes... Real Salt Lake made it to the MLS cup, they play LA Galaxy in Seattle on Sunday this week, and I got tickets last minute! I am road tripping up there with some friends. Crazy huh? It's a nice and warm sunny day here, which means no snow yet, unfortunately. Hopefully by the time you come back you and I will get to skip school and hit the snow basin slopes! Anyway, I have been thinking about you and I am glad to know that you are okay and it sounds like you are having fun and learning so much! I love you and I miss you, brother... can't wait till you get home! Keep writing!
Love,
Mad

Anonymous said...

whats in that coconut?

Anonymous said...

Hi Spencer, Time to write a new blog! I know you must be extra busy. Great photos from all, so keep them coming. What is in the coconut?