Thursday, November 24, 2011

Shuki Cooper Harris

Being in India has been surreal, life changing, amazing, powerful, humbling, eye opening, etc. India can't be described by a one word description or a phrase, just as the feeling that I have felt can't. Experiencing the beautiful country will be one which I will never forget and one that I will cherish forever. The children in the school I am visiting consist of 30 kids ranging from 4 years old to 10 years old and I can truthfully say that I love all of them. I can now say that I know why we must liken ourselves unto a child. These children are happy, innocent, humble and loving, and have the ability to warm anyone and everyone's hearts. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve these kids and help them live fulfilling lives. Mom, I want you to know that I am healthy and completely intact. I feel great and am having the time of my life, so stop worrying about me and go have fun. I love you and miss you, but I will be home soon enough.

Love,
S. Cooper Harris

3 comments:

Meg said...

I am so proud of you! I'm so grateful that you're over there and experiencing things that only few have opportunities to do. We love you very very much, Cooper.
Give all the love you got to these children and enjoy watching the difference you're making in their lives.
Love, mom

Meg said...

Hey Cooper, thanks for the update. I am glad you are really connecting with India. What a wonderful experience you must be having.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it changes your proud life. Grettings!