Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am getting dual citizenship!

I love India. I love the kids. I love the people. I love the food (except for the peppers that are so spicy that they make you cry). I love the atmosphere: the mountains, the colorful houses, and the roaming cows, dogs, and occasional MONKEYS. I love the extremely skinny roads and the crazy horns. I might even confess that I love the squatter toilets. I love Sahoo, the school I visit each day. I love it when the kids fight over who gets to hold my hand and it resolves to everyone clinging to my arms. I love it when the kids call me didi which means sister in Hindi. I love the Temple Ashram. I love playing tickle tag with the youngest girls. I love talking to the older ones. I love my twin Debali. I love the people I am surrounded by. I LOVE INDIA.

Denali Hale

No comments: