Thursday, November 25, 2010

Top Five Things You Didn't Know About India


by Maggie La Stayo

1. The drivng here is insane. They even cut off poilice men.
2. The bathrooms are holes in the ground…we call them squaters
3. The women in small villages can be married to multiple men.
4. Everything here is colorful-even the places with extream poverty are painted every color imaginable
5. Even though the people here have never seen people like us before, they are the most loving people I have ever encountered.

It may be cheesy to say, but this trip has literally been the best trip of my life. I never knew the impact that only two days with the children would have on me. I wish I could wake up every day and spend the rest of my life with them. They re the most joyous, beautiful, welcoming children you will ever meet. I will forever remember the look in their eyes and the light they have shown me. They are an inspiration to all of us, and prove that no matter what you have in life you can be happy as long as you try! Nameste!

6 comments:

Kimi Rasmussen said...

Moogs, youre killin me here in Salt Lake! You brought tears to my eyes. I am so jealous youre experiencing everything that you are! I wish I could be there again. Happy Thanksgiving! You're amazing and I love you!!

Karen said...

Maggie!! So good to hear from you on Thanksgiving. I am thankful that you are having the time of your life (it is not cheesy at all to say that). I am proud of you and can't wait to hear all your stories. Take pictures of all the amazing colors. I love you!
P.S. I guess they don't need to read your book on "How to Drive Like a Maniac" in India! I am sure you will come home with some additional tips : )

Karly Reichman said...

MAGS!!! Happy Thanksgiving!! It looks like you're having so much fun!! I miss you sooooo much! Love you! -Karly

Mairead McNally said...

nothing like thanksgiving in india to give you a clear perspective on life. i can't read the blog without crying. keep up the good work! you're amazing, india is amazing, the kids are AMAZING. a lot to be thankful for girly. i love you!

oeste2 said...

So proud of you Miss Maggie!! I look forward to hearing all of your stories and seeing all the pictures!

Julie West said...

I am so proud of you Maggie! Can't wait to hear all your stories & see all the pictures. What an awesome experience!