Sunday, April 11, 2010

Poverty Does Not Affect Happiness!


Shelby Porter

So I am sitting here wondering what in the world I should say. There is so much I have learned on this trip that it is hard to put into words what I am feeling and thinking about the whole experience. I have learned that poverty doesn’t affect happiness. The children I worked with were just as happy, caring and accepting as any child. Another thing I learned is how bright and willing to learn the Indian youth are. They understand that the only way to turn things around for them and their community and country is through education. I am honored to have been able to have this chance to experience this once in a life-time opportunity. Thank you to all that have helped me get here!

1 comment:

Yusuf Saleemi said...

This is very stupid. How can u be happy if u are poor. Maybe the author of this lives in povert cuz they cant afford medicine for their stupid brain!