Friday, April 2, 2010

I love so many things, places, people.

David Shaw


I love.



I love so many things, places, people.



This world has so much to offer, so much to give, so much to learn.

This last week I have learned about another culture, another language, my teammates, and myself. If I had not attended our first YMAD meeting in the church in the dip, I wouldn’t have realized that vegetables aren’t as bad as I thought, YES MOM, I AM eating. I’ve had more vegetables this week than I have my entire life. I’ve been good on health, except for two days ago when I developed this crazy infection in my mouth, the skin on the inside of my lip and lower gums became gray and squishy, I could move it around like playdough, it really was pretty cool. Turns out it was only caused from the canqer medicine that I used, it may be expired and had some wacky side effects.



BUT



I love the mountains.

I love the weather.

I love the people of India.

I love mo-mos

I love teasing people.

I love sleep.

I love limca.

I love car rides in the country.

I love name brand knock offs.

I love Good day, Tiger, and Bourbon.

I love Zulfa and Reshma.

I love my Mom and Dad. And their support.

I love the Church.

I love the Scriptures.

I love India.



If I hadn’t gone to the meeting, I wouldn’t have the love I have for these things I do now. Everything has been changed over the last year in preparation for the work that we are performing right now. I love Serving others, in this I find my happiness, a self-less life, is a life gained. I love service. I love kindness. I love others.



I love, love.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

State your name, love.

Love, Anonymous

Mom and Dad said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, It takes going to India to eat a vegetable! We are sooooo proud of you, not only for trying new foods but for the love you are sharing. Enjoy the warm sun because we have snow again here! We love you and hope you are being able to absorb every minute of this wonderful experience! Thanks for being such a great son. CTR! Love, Mom and Dad

Mom said...

What is Bourbon?

Anonymous said...

David!
What an amazing experience! You will forever remember this and cherish this time. We are proud of you! Be safe and enjoy!

Dave and Mary Beth said...

David,
Great to hear of your adventure! Sounds like you are having a great time and providing service at the same time. Be true to your values, let others know of your love for them, and share the joy of family with them. You have such great parents and you are an extention of all they have taught you. Record you experiences in picture and keep a short journal. later it will be important to draw upon the feelings you are experiencing. God Bless and be safe.

LaNea and Rob said...

David,
So glad to hear you are loving and serving the people of India. Also vegetables too!!!! Enjoy these special times and memories. This is a once in a life time opportunity so enjoy it and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time bro...Life is all about creating memories and sharing them...so live it up! Much Love Brian & Shelbs

Anonymous said...

Awesome David. Love you. Uncle Brett.

Dennis and Joni Neuenschwander said...

David, We are so happy you are having such a great experience! What a wonderful preparation for a mission. Enjoy!