Sunday, April 11, 2010

I can’t believe this trip is almost over!



Shea Aldana

I can’t believe this trip is almost over. It has been the longest and the shortest two weeks of my life. We have seen and experienced so many things while we have been here, I don’t even know how to explain them in words. The only way to translate them to you would be either telekinesis or you would have to go and experience it for yourself. Although Jaipur has awesome shopping, it has been my least favorite part of this trip. The people here broke my heart. Seeing a family in the street or a mother holding her baby, a daughter with a sist the size of a fist on the back of her head, or a young boy with an expanded skull, begging for something that they think we can give them. It kills me. I wish there was more that we could do for these people. It’s a sick world we live in, but seeing this has only put more fuel in my fire to help these people live a better life. As Ghandi said

“A small body of determined spirits fueled by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.”

I know now exactly why I am here and why I am doing what I am doing. I am so very grateful for the many blessings that I have and for the opportunity to come to India to make a difference. Making a difference makes me feel good and I am never going to stop.

No comments: