Sunday, April 11, 2010

Change for the better!



Austin Allen

Before I left on this trip, I was working hard on doing my make up work so I could take what I personally thought to be a vacation in hopes to recharge my batteries. Of course, it was too good to be true, but I received something even better – the desire to do the best I can, not only for myself, but for the children I bonded so closely to.

After seeing first-hand how crappy the conditions of living are and how selfless the people really are, it’s hard not wanting to do something for them. My perspective now stands, that it’s a shame and a slap in the friends’ faces we have met if we didn’t go on to live our lives to the fullest. I hope people on this expedition feel the same as I do, to continue to live life making a difference knowing the difference between home and India.

I have been on my fair share of exciting trips in my life, but this one tops them all (no offense to the family). My eyes have opened and I can truly say looking back on life before this trip, I have changed for the better and hope to never forget the feelings and experiences I have had on these past two weeks. It’s sad to think this is most likely my last day in India, but I can’t wait to get home to live my new life.

No comments: