Friday, April 2, 2010

From the Mountains of Tisa - Lachhi Thakur


My name is Lachhi Thakur and I am from Tisa in Himachal Pradesh. I am happy and excited to work with YMAD. I am very lucky to have this oppertunity. I have been learning english for the past year and I am catching on slowly. In todays world for me to be successful it is very important to learn english. Even tho I hesitate to share my ability to speak in english, I am trying very hard. If I learn english I can help my community improve their circumstances and their way of life.
I live in a very rural area with out any doctors or hospitals. I am learning how to help women deliver babies in the proper way. With these skills I can make sure that more babies actually live when they are born.
We are talking about YMAD all year long and look forward to seeing them when they come. We hope they will bring more young people from the US to continue helping our community. We look forward to the day when we can take them to our home to meet our parents and be able to speak english with them freely.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello,i have gone through the blog it is very nice and great i met with lachhi in the year 2007 she was nineteen never went to school but talented.she completed 14 days water sports course and participated state level competition of white river rafting at tatapani shimla,she took triaining of first aid at zonal hospital chamba,judo and waittraining etc. now she is working in one news paper as dtp operator she want to learn so many things their villagers not want they wish that she should marry and settle at village, but she want to learn reading .here robert a baird has given her personal attentionand she is feeling high regards for robert and jodee,she said robert is great,otherwise robert a baird is very great , really wonderful who help the poorest ever poors,God bless him