Monday, April 5, 2010

Time is Flying By!

Maria Davis




I can’t believe tomorrow is the last day at our schools and ashrams. This time is flying by and my heart is breaking that we can’t stay here longer! My team and I are just starting to fall in love with these sweet little children. Suraj, our down’s syndrome child who loves playing with stickers and telling us the colors. Sahil and Ishika who, for the first time this week didn’t cry today! Dhruv who has the CUTEST face you’ve ever seen. Arzoo who is so spunky and excited to participate. Adil, one of my favorites because he’s a know-it-all and eager to learn. Subham who is quiet but wise and always lets other people win. Vishwash, who’s buck-teethed smile melts our hearts every single time. You should see him play duck duck goose! Poojah, even though we met just once, she’ll have a special place in my heart as a soul sister.
My team has decided that hands-down we have the best kids and they were definitely worth the wait. I need to come back to this place.

To all the parents out there: your teens are amazing!! Whenever people asked what I was most excited about before leaving for India, I would tell them I couldn’t WAIT to spent time with my teens and make a difference with them. They’ve been so much fun. I’ve literally laughed til I cried more than a handful of times. My team especially (Trevor, Chaidee, Eliza and Shea) have made every day better than the last. I love those guys! It will be so hard to leave Chamba!

Namaste to all of you…see you soon!

Maria Davis

No comments: