Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jordan Honeycutt



KALSUIN ASHRAM J

Today was the first day in our ashram, and it was indescribably amazing!!!! The kids are soooo cute!! I already love them all so much!! They are all so sweet and affectionate!! One of the girls, Bhumika, took my hand and gave me her bracelet-it melted my heart! So I gave her one of my favorite bracelets in return and she loved it! All day the kids kept giving me bubble gum sticks and putting the little tattoos on my hands, which are covered now! Some of the girls, Pooja and Preeti, would take my face and kiss my cheek. They all loved to give me hugs, which made my day!! Saying good-bye was already hard, and it was only day one! I am sooo stoked to go back and teach them more, even though they’re already so smart and kind!!

P.S. Hi family!! J Madre, I’m doing great—I absolutely love it here! And the food is delicious!! Oh and today is Tuesday, so Chase and Matt, you better be there! Haha PRIZZA!! J I love you guys!

4 comments:

Just Be us said...

Jordan! I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing the story about Bhumika giving you her bracelet! How precious is that! Here she is with very little, yet she is so full of love for a stranger she has just met! We can all learn from sweet Bhumika! All of the children sound so loving. I loved reading about Pooja & Preeti, too. Love the pictures of the children! They are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your love with them!

Just Be us said...

P.S. Are you taking turns posting or can anyone post in any order? If so, Lorin is in trouble if he doesn't post soon! ;)

Just Be us said...

P.S.S. I just noticed Matt's T-shirt in the group shot. "I Love Orphans" I love it!

Unknown said...

Lorin can't post until its his turn but he says hi to his mom!