Monday, August 15, 2011

A bond that will last forever - Jeff Sonntag




Saying goodbye today was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do.  In just a week of being here we’ve become some of the only family these girls have in their lives.  While I was hugging them goodbye I just never wanted to let go.  It was very emotional for all of us and I’m so sad we have to say goodbye, but I’m so proud of what we’ve accomplished here with these girls.  They’re so incredible and I hope and pray that they will have good futures. 

You can never predict what will happen, but I love them all and am so grateful for what they’ve taught me this week.  I’m forever changed, and although we come home soon and don’t know how long it will be before we see these girls again, one thing is for sure, they will be in my heart forever.  I will never forget them.
  
It blows my mind how fast time has gone by here.  It really is true that time flies when you’re having a blast.  I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with these girls.  They have changed my life for the better and inspired me in so many ways.  I’m so grateful that we’ve been able to come here to India and with these girls develop a bond that will last forever.  This has been one of the best experiences of my life.

Jeff Sonntag

No comments: