Saturday, December 10, 2011

What a wonderful world

My thanksgiving moment happened yesterday as we spent the evening on the top of a mountain and ours eyes gazed on range after range as far as the eye could see, a magnificent sunset, and a sky so full of stars that it threatened to burst. Being among such desirable company and such humbling scenery was a profound experience for me spiritually. I want to express my overflowing gratitude for the multitude of blessings that I have received. This experience has been more eye opening than anything and nothing could have been more eye opening than spending time with the children from Nihan. The beaming boys and girls that stole my heart haven't left my thoughts since we said reluctant and tearful goodbyes. Last night I dreamed that I was still in Nihan working and playing with Gopal, Rakesh, Raman and the other beautiful kids. As I woke up early and went to take in the still starry view, I felt my heart grow a couple sizes just like the Grinch and I know that I will always have room for all the beauty I have seen and felt here in that new space.


To my family and friends: I can't tell you in words how strong my love is for all of you. You have been there for me through struggles in my life and know that I will be there for you in anything you need. I'm sorry that I missed you this thanksgiving, know that I am thankful for you and all you do to bless my life. I hope you found at least one thing to be humbly thankful for this year and I challenge you to find one everyday of the year. Mom and dad thank you for the letters, they meant more than you will ever know.

-All my love, Gardner

No comments: