Friday, August 21, 2009

The Three O’s

Some times in life opportunities come your way and you either watch life pass by or you live it. By taking those opportunities given you, it leads to events that prepare for the next opportunity like some sort of domino effect. I have been traveling to India over the last 5 years for the non-prophet “Youth Making A Difference” each time leading my domino path to this point. My father and I started this organization with the dream of making a small difference in the world. Bringing youth groups to serve in orphanages in Himachal Pradesh. From this little dream, Nefi Alarcon and my self James Baird have ventured out of the comforts of our own home to open a model Orphanage/school in a rural village of the great mountain range of the Himalayas.

It is hard to really know what to expect from this adventure. Wile traveling in India several months ago we came across 12 young children who were living in shed. With little hope of a future, an immediate cause of action was called for. I look at this journey that is laid before us and I can’t help but think of the Oppositions that is glaring us viciously in the eyes. I know that it wont be easy, it already has proven that even before we embarked on our journey. The organization that allows the children to sleep in their shed and makes them beg for food every day instead of attending school is reluctant to allow the children to move due to of politics. Not keeping the best interests of the children in mind is something that I don’t really comprehend. But I reflect often to some words of wisdom called “The Three O’s” given to me by a great mentor of who said, “When Opposition strikes if we are Optimistic Opportunities will be presented before us” so I will hold fast to that, and have faith that all will work out for the best.



-James Baird

1 comment:

JoDee said...

You guys are amazing! Be in the moment, don't worry about the future!