Monday, August 24, 2009

Opening our eyes to see the world


I was born in Chile, and moved to the United States when I was 9 years old. When I was 19 I had the opportunity to move to Brazil and live there for a period of 2 years, All of these great nations and cultures have become learning grounds and have truly become a part of me. I have seen and met many great people everywhere I have been to. As I was getting ready for my trip here to India, I thought I had seen everything there was to see in this world, but this first week I have learned that I was clearly mistaken. After arriving here, I have learned that India is a rich nation. I have learned that there are many in need, and there are many who do not have all the opportunities and tools that I have had in my own life. There is one particular thing that has caught my eye. Even though they might not have everything, they are happy. There are some things in life that cannot be explained, nor simply just stated, but the only way to learn is to actually experience them. I was not expecting to see and feel the way I do. Every individual we meet, has a distinct and unique experience, whether it’s the individuals we met this morning while running, or the stories we hear and see each day while we eat with the locals. Its truly an interesting world. So many life stories, so many things to learn. I am just beginning to open my eyes and I am truly beginning to see the world.

Nefi Alarcon

3 comments:

JoDee said...

Keep your eyes open!

Matt said...

Great Blog! Keep up the good work. I will be checking in often to see how the adventure progresses.

Robert A. Baird said...

Great observation! Keep looking hard and you will find the golden egg!